- 8 bun length hot dogs
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
- pickle relish
- canned jalapeno slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap wieners tightly with bacon and place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to help the bacon adhere to the wieners better.
- Heat a non-stick stove top grill or outdoor grill, oiling lightly, and cook wieners until the bacon is slightly crispy.
- Open buns (butter the insides if desired) and toast lightly over the grill or in a broiler.
- Insert wieners into buns and top with cheese. Wrap with foil and return to grill for a few minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- Serve with desired condiments along with potato salad or potato chips and baked beans.