Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This quick and easy appetizer is loaded with flavor, perfect for an elegant party, game-day get together or after school snack.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 large jelly-roll pans (approximately 17.25 x 11.5-inches in size) with parchment paper. Place the 24, half strips of bacon on prepared pans in a single layer. Bake 5-7 minutes, or until bacon has rendered some of the fat and just starting to brown on the edges, but still flexible. Drain on paper towels; pat to remove excess grease.
- Using a 24-cup, non-stick mini muffin pan, line bottom and sides of each mini muffin cup with a half strip of the par-cooked bacon in a circular fashion, making a well in the center, folding or creasing if needed to fit.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat potatoes, eggs, and 1/2 cup of the cheese with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe potato filling evenly into bacon-lined muffin cups in a spiral fashion (cups will be full and potato spirals will extend beyond the height of muffin cups). Sprinkle tops with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes. Run knife around edges to remove from pan. Place on serving platter and garnish with chives. Serve warm. Makes 24.
- Note: A plastic freezer bag can be used in place of a pastry bag and decorator’s tip. Fill freezer bag with potato mixture and seal. Using kitchen scissors, cut off a small corner of the bag, about 1/2 inch, and pipe potato mixture into mini muffin cups as directed.
Beautiful presentation and the perfect complete bite!
Awesome and easy
Absolutely incredible.This recipe has it all, Can be an appetizer or a side dish.