Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious little appetizer or snack. If you want to cut the heat more, you can remove the seeds and membrane.
- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 8 slices bacon, strips thick sliced (peppered bacon is great for this recipe)
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and center membranes. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Cajun seasoning. Stuff about 1 1/2 teaspoonfuls into each pepper half. Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet cook bacon until partially cooked. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a wire rack in a shallow baking pan. bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Discard the toothpicks and serve immediately.
Very Nice Appetizer. I halved the recipe easily for the two of us. I think next time I would like to try them with white cheese such as Jack or Provolone along with the cream cheese. Thanks Shelby Jo. Made For The Best of 2008 Cookbook.
These are so addictive! I've started making them at Christmas and everyone loves them! I like to use smaller (1 or 2-bite) peppers, but any size are wonderful!
I doubled the recipe to feed the crowd we had here. To make the cooking time shorter I stuck the bacon in the microwave for about 2 minutes, patted the grease off with a paper towel, then wrapped them around the peppers. Microwaves vary in temperature, so if you try this make sure you take it out just as the bacon starts to crisp up. If you wait too long it won't wrap around the pepper good. These were delicious! No one here had ever had them but me, so it was a real treat for them! Everyone said to give them 5 stars, so 5 stars it is! Thank you for sharing your delicious appetizer with us Shelby Jo. It will be used many times!!! Made for Zaar Stars 1/09 Linda