Recipe by Shelby Jo
A delicious little appetizer or snack. If you want to cut the heat more, you can remove the seeds and membrane.
Top Review by happynana
Very Nice Appetizer. I halved the recipe easily for the two of us. I think next time I would like to try them with white cheese such as Jack or Provolone along with the cream cheese. Thanks Shelby Jo. Made For The Best of 2008 Cookbook.
- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 8 slices bacon, strips thick sliced (peppered bacon is great for this recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and center membranes. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Cajun seasoning. Stuff about 1 1/2 teaspoonfuls into each pepper half. Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet cook bacon until partially cooked. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a wire rack in a shallow baking pan. bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Discard the toothpicks and serve immediately.