Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
Oh My Gosh, can we say indulgence?Here is the recipe for the Fried Pickled Veggies. You get a grilled burger wrapped in flavor coated bacon for starters. Then add Cole slaw that uses Sriracha sauce for a BBQ knock out. Try these for a grilling get together.
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (80 percent lean)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (Sriracha sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrots or 1 medium carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, split and toasted
- fried pickled vegetables
- Line a microwave-safe plate with paper towels. Arrange six of the bacon slices in a single layer; cover with paper towels. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until partially cooked. Drain on paper towels; cool. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl stir together brown sugar, coffee, and garlic powder. Add mixture to the bag. Seal bag; shake to coat bacon. Set aside. Repeat with remaining bacon and remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Season beef with salt and pepper to taste, Shape beef into six 3/4-inch-thick patties. Wrap two slices of coated bacon around the each patty; secure bacon ends together with wooden toothpicks. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- COLE SLAW:.
- in a medium bowl whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, Sriracha sauce, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add cabbage, carrot, onion, and parsley, stirring to coat. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- TO GRILL:.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place patties on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 16 to 18 minutes or until done (160 degrees F to 165 degrees F)* and bacon is crisp. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust heat for indirect cooking. Cover and grill as above.).
- TO FINISH.
- Place burgers on bun bottoms. Top each patty with coleslaw and Fried Pickles. Add bun tops.
These are knock your socks off burgers. Starting what we enjoyed the most was the bacon. Great falvors .. the coffee and the brown sugar was one of the best, even the bacon would be a great breakfast with some eggs. The cole slaw was a hit too, though I omitted the sugar and salt. With that being said the rest of the recipe was made as posted, Grilling time was 15minutes, and one of my neighbors kept asking what smelled so good, and what I was cooking. Great burgers, and a heck of a treat. Made for PRMR Tag.