Recipe by mary winecoff
Great appetizer. Quick and easy to do. Serve with a Creamy Mustard Sauce (recipe below). This is from the November 2008 Southern Living Magazine.
Top Review by Larawithoutau
These were OK, nothing special or over the top. I was expecting to be wowed based on the reviews. Did not care for the dip especially. The bacon and brussels sprouts were OK, and it really does make the whole house smell, so if you can, open the windows!
- 10 Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
- 10 slices bacon
Creamy Mustard Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Microwave 10 bacon slices in batches, between paper towels at HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes. Cut slices in half crosswise.
- Wrap bacon piece around each Brussels sprout half; secure with a wooden pick. Place sprouts, cut sides down, on a lightly greased wire rack on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp and Brussels sprouts are tender. Serve with Creamy Mustard.
- Creamy Mustard Sauce: Stir together all ingredients. Makes 1/2 cup.