Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great appetizer. Quick and easy to do. Serve with a Creamy Mustard Sauce (recipe below). This is from the November 2008 Southern Living Magazine.
- 10 Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
- 10 slices bacon
Creamy Mustard Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Microwave 10 bacon slices in batches, between paper towels at HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes. Cut slices in half crosswise.
- Wrap bacon piece around each Brussels sprout half; secure with a wooden pick. Place sprouts, cut sides down, on a lightly greased wire rack on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp and Brussels sprouts are tender. Serve with Creamy Mustard.
- Creamy Mustard Sauce: Stir together all ingredients. Makes 1/2 cup.
I always re-hydrate my sprouts overnite in cool water in the fridge, after slightly trimming the base. I was quite pleased with these appetizers which I cooked in my Turbo Convection oven on the counter top. I chose a different sauce to serve them with. They were GREAT. I'd bet they would be even greater if smoked.
These were OK, nothing special or over the top. I was expecting to be wowed based on the reviews. Did not care for the dip especially. The bacon and brussels sprouts were OK, and it really does make the whole house smell, so if you can, open the windows!
Found this recipe in Southern Living a year or so again - glad to see it here on Recipezaar! These are SO delicious!! I made them on Christmas day when we had a casual get together - playing darts with friends after everyone had had enough family time. :) I made everything according to recipe and they were delightful! One word of advice - they smell up the house something fierce! So make them on a nice day so you can have your windows open to air it out! LOL They are worth smelling up the house like brussels sprouts though! We had NO leftovers.