Recipe by bratty
i take this to our christmas party at work every year, it's expected, and it disappears very fast. no worries about the bacon, it cooks quickly and creates a wonderful sauce w/the brown sugar. and you can prepare it the night before and just plug the crockpot in a few hours before you need to serve it.
Top Review by Shelly Terrell
I make these all the time but I bake them in the oven for about 45 mins. The brown sugar gets alittle carmelized like and crispy in places on the smokies and the sauce is yummy. I have never made them in the crockpot but I would imagine you wouldn't get the crispy carmalized stuff in the crockpot as you do the oven. So just wanted to share in case anyone wants to try them in the oven. They are YUMM!!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- cut strips in bacon into 1/3's.
- wrap 1/3 cut bacon strips around each lil' smokie and secure with a toothpick.
- place one layer of bacon wrapped smokies in bottom of crockpot.
- cover completely with brown sugar.
- repeat with layer of bacon wrapped smokies.
- repeat layering until you finish w/a layer of brown sugar.
- cook in crock pot approximately.
- 3-4 hours.