These are truly awesome and a cinch to make. Having enough on hand may be a problem cause people eat a lot of them.
- After the brown sugar has air-dried a bit, add the chili seasoning and mix with fingers to blend well.
- Take a bacon rasher and dip it into the sugar, pressing sugar in lightly on both sides.
- Wrap, barber-pole style around a breadstick and place on a greased (I use olive oil) baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Repeat with as many bacon rashers as you have left.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roast until bacon is cooked and you can see sugar has caramelized- make sure it's cooked and not burnt- about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and CAREFULLY pick up breadstick and place on a large platter to harden (the breadsticks will be soft at this point but will harden as they cool).
- This must be done immediately, otherwise the caramelized sugar will set and it will be impossible to get your breadsticks out of the pan.