1/17 Photos of Bacon Wrapped Boursin Stuffed Chicken Breasts - a Deux!
1 hr 15 mins
French Tart's Note:
Delicious chicken breasts, wrapped in bacon or pancetta to ensure they remain moist, stuffed with Boursin garlic & herb cheese and then roasted with cherry tomatoes on the vine......delectable! I have posted this recipe for two - obviously it is VERY easy to increase the quantities for more people. Serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables & a jacket potato for an all year round simple & impressive supper dish. These can be frozen at the stuffed and bacon wrapped stage - I often have at least a dozen, individually wrapped in cling film in the freezer. They take about 4-5 hours to defrost, so make sure you take them out of the freezer in time! A tip: I sometimes add a dollop of creme fraiche and a little white wine to the juices, to make an unctious wine sauce - this is optional, but delicious if you fancy a creamy sauce with these stuffed chicken breasts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 100 g boursin cheese or 100 g local garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 6 slices smoked streaky bacon or 2 -4 slices pancetta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 -12 cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche (optional)
- white wine (optional)
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- 2Lightly oil an oven proof dish with the teaspoon of olive oil - using a pastry brush is best.
- 3Place one chicken breast between a large piece of cling film and gently beat it with a cook's mallet - beating until large and fairly thin - try NOT make any holes in the chicken! Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- 4Place the chicken breasts on a work board and spread half the Boursin cheese on each chicken piece - make sure it is spread evenly right up to the edges.
- 5Roll the chicken breasts up - tucking the last small "fillet" flap up and into the stuffed roll.
- 6Wrap the bacon pieces or pancetta ham around the stuffed chicken, making sure they do not overlap too much and the edges are sealed underneath.
- 7Gently lift them into the oiled oven dish.
- 8Season well with freshly ground black pepper. (Season with salt to taste - the bacon will make it quite salty, so watch out when seasoning with salt.).
- 9If using the lemon juice, pour over the top of the chicken breasts now.
- 10Scatter or arrange the cherry tomatoes around the chicken pieces. (I like to keep them on the vine.).
- 11Place in the middle of a pre-heated oven and roast for between 45 - 55 minutes; the cooking time depends on the size of the chicken breasts and your oven.
- 12Remove from the oven and place the chicken breasts on a plate - you can serve them whole or sliced. Garnish with watercress, as well as the roasted cherry tomatoes.
- 13Serve with a selection of seasonal fresh vegetables and a jacket potato, making sure you spoon the excess Boursin sauce over the top of the chicken pieces and the roasted cherry tomatoes!
- 14Tip:You can make an optional creamy sauce. On taking the chicken out of the oven, add the creme fraiche and white wine to the Boursin cooking juices in the oven dish, whisk together and then gently heat, whisking all the time, over medium heat on top of the stove, or decant the creme fraiche, wine and juices to a small saucepan and heat the sauce in the pan. (Make sure to keep the chicken warm whilst you do this.).
- 15TO FREEZE:.
- 16As soon as you have stuffed and wrapped the bacon around the beaten chicken breasts, wrap individually in cling film and put into a freezer container or a freezer bag. Take them out as required and allow to defrost for 4-5 hours at room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
- 17Cook as above.
- 18Can be frozen for up to 3 months with no adverse effects on the Boursin cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Boursin Stuffed Chicken Breasts - a Deux!
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 695.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: