Recipe by bmcnichol
A great way to use ground beef. My family loves these. We have eaten them as is and we have put them on hamburger buns and topped with cheese.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Loved the bacon wrapped around this burger. I like to follow the recipe as directed at first, but I think I'll put them on buns with cheese next time, as you pointed out in your description. :)
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked shortcut bacon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup crushed saltine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, saltines, onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix beef into above mixture and mix well.
- Shape into six patties.
- Wrap bacon strips around patties and secure with toothpicks.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 6 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Turn patties and top with ketchup mixture.
- Broil 6-7 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and bacon is crisp.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.