Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Everything is better with bacon! I searched the site and couldn't find a recipe, so I came up with this one! Super simple, takes time to cook but super yummy! Could be changed to a grill recipe!
- 2 tablespoons your favorite barbecue rub (more or less to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 5 -6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup smoky apple barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rub tenderloin with bbq rub then wrap with bacon slices using toothpicks to secure ends.
- Bake in a glass dish for 1 hour, on the middle rack, flipping tenderloin half way through (so the bacon doesn’t get soggy).
- Turn oven to broil (staying at 350°) move pan to bottom rack and broil 20 minutes, turning tenderloin half way through.
- When tenderloin reaches and internal temperature of 155°-160° move dish back to middle rack, and paint tenderloin with bbq sauce. Broil for 5 minutes, then flip tenderloin, paint other side, and broil another 5 minutes.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes then slice into medallions, serve with bbq sauce.