Recipe by English_Rose
Very stylish appetizer for entertaining!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Made these as accompiment to the main dish. We have a double amount of asparagus, and let me tell you, I could use all the rest of the asparagus just on this. Happened to have "blue cheese" for the dressing instead of Roquefort, but I am not sure it made a big difference. I added fresh garlic, and a bit of Tabasco sauce to dressing, just for a little kick. Terrific, English Rose! Thanks! ZWT3 07'.
For the asparagus
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed and blanched
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, halved
For the dressing
- Roquefort cheese, for crumbling
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the asparagus, flatten the bacon slices with the back of a knife. Wrap a bacon slice around each asparagus spear.
- Heat an oiled griddle pan until it is very hot.
- Place the wrapped asparagus, rosemary sprigs and lemon halves onto the griddle pan. Cook until grilled on both sides.
- To make the dressing, crumble the roquefort into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in all the other ingredients to a smooth dressing.
- Drizzle over the griddled asparagus and serve.