Top Review by LittleRedChef
I took Charlotte J's suggestion and pre-cooked the bacon for 10 minutes in a 375* oven, then rolling my asparagus and completing the cooking time as suggested.
To bump up the elegance factor for an appetizer, I went one step further for my dinner club by drizzling with a sweet balsamic reduction. The reduction was made of 1 C balsamic vinegar and 2 Tbsp brown sugar. This is brought to a boil, then turned to low and reduced until thickened for 10 minutes (or more depending on the heat of your stovetop.) Interesting interplay of flavors with the sweet reduction, the crisp bacon, and the fresh asparagus. Yum!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and trim asparagus spears.
- Cut bacon strips in half crosswise.
- Wrap one-half strip bacon around each asparagus spear, leaving tip and end exposed.
- Lay on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bacon is cooked.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- **Note: You may want to try my Baked Bacon recipe #187790 for 10 minutes, to avoid over cooking asparagus.