Recipe by Vicki in Kansas Brown
This is from Great Alaska Seafood, Made these last night and they are great!
Top Review by groundhogretreat
I LOVED this recipe, but my husband said that he couldn't taste the scallops for the bacon. I will definitely make it again and he can just take the bacon off before he eats them.
- 10 colossal dry scallops, cut in half
- 10 slices bacon, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, ginger, soy sauce.
- Put scallops in soy mixture and marinate 20 minutes or longer if you like.
- Wrap each scallop with bacon slice and secure with toothpick.
- Sear scallop/bacon on med-hot bar-b-que until bacon is well done, or broil in your oven 15 minutes brushing scallops with leftover marinade during cooking.
- Prep time includes marinating time.