Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
from The Orange County Register, May 2008
- 2 lbs lean bacon, thick-sliced
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and another rack in the lowest third.
- Preheat to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of two rimmed baking sheets with foil.
- Arrange the bacon slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, toss together the seasonings. Sprinkle evenly over the bacon. Place one pan on the upper rack and the other pan on the lower rack. Bake, without turning, for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Switch the position of the pans, top to bottom and front to back. Continue to bake until dark brown but not quite crisp, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Using tongs, lift the bacon from the pans, gently shaking off excess drippings. Transfer to paper towels to drain briefly. Arrange the bacon on a warmed platter and serve at once.
The taste is wierd but very good. The directions are very time consuming when this bacon is really easy to cook (i knew from cooking very similar recipes off zaar) just put in the middle rack at 350 for about 25 to 35 minutes depending on bacon thickness, you don't have to turn it or anything and it turns out crisp and good. I always put parchment paper underneath also which is really easy to clean up behind. Very good sweet bacon recipe!