Recipe by Manda
I LOVE sweet potatoes, but I am not a fan of the usual sweet, syrupy preparation. This recipe brings out the true taste of sweet potatoes, with a little sweet and savory kick. Hope you enjoy!! Prep time does not include time to cook the bacon.
Top Review by *Z*
I love sweet potatoes and I love bacon so this is a great combo. I used brown sugar in place of the granulated. I would recommend peeling the potatoes before you boil them only b/c it is a little hot to peel them after cooking. LOL I didn't want them to cool down too much so I only rinsed them in cold water for a bit. I used my electric mixed and they whipped up fast.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 113.39 g bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml milk
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water in large pot until fork tender.
- Drain and add back to pot.
- Add bacon, butter or margarine, sugar, milk, and garlic powder.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You can mash potatoes with a hand-held masher or whip with electric mixer (I use mixer).
- Depends on how smooth you like them.
- These are wonderful served with pork chops and gravy!