1/1 Photo of Bacon-Whipped Sweet Potatoes
I LOVE sweet potatoes, but I am not a fan of the usual sweet, syrupy preparation. This recipe brings out the true taste of sweet potatoes, with a little sweet and savory kick. Hope you enjoy!! Prep time does not include time to cook the bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water in large pot until fork tender.
- 2Drain and add back to pot.
- 3Add bacon, butter or margarine, sugar, milk, and garlic powder.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5You can mash potatoes with a hand-held masher or whip with electric mixer (I use mixer).
- 6Depends on how smooth you like them.
- 7These are wonderful served with pork chops and gravy!
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.0
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 348.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g