Recipe by CaliforniaJan
These are wonderful tasting muffins. They are prefect for brunch or breakfast on the go.
Top Review by shelleyjoyce08
I added maple syrup to this recipe as the first batch were a bit bland - WOW what a difference the maple syrup made. It sweetened up the muffin but not too much and I also used a cream cheese frosting to make it savoury but sweet. (The first batch weren't popular at all - second batch was a success!)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, snipped or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups. Set muffin cups aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, thyme, and salt. Make a well in the center of dry mixture.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, and oil. Add all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in crumbled bacon and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each almost full. Bake in a 400F oven about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin cups. Serve Warm.