Recipe by Lainey6605
A delicious side dish that is simple to make and full of wonderful flavor. I hope you enjoy.
Top Review by melissahaley29
Really yummy recipe. I made it for a Mother's Day party and it was a big hit. I used thawed frozen whole green beans and it turned out great. I think I'll be going back to this recipe again and again.. Thanks!
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 roasted garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar (add enough depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 -5 tablespoons walnuts, toasted & sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over low to medium heat.
- Saute garlic for a couple of minutes until tender being careful not to burn; add the thyme.
- Stir in the brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain beans; add to the skillet.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or unitl heated through.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and walnuts; toss to coat.