Recipe by Daniele-belli
Egg Fritatta with Bacon, and veggies. Substitute whatever veggies you have in the refrigerator if you'd like. I came up with this recipe while having a serious craving (yes im preggers) for fritatta but did not like any of the ones I came accross in cookbooks that I have. My 3 year loves this, mainly because the veggies are chopped so he has no idea. I served it with ketchup and it was a hit!
Top Review by GibbyLou
This was a very tasty dinner. It served 4 as a stand alone meal. I may cut back a bit on the Italian seasoning next time. I also mixed some cheese in as well as sprinkling some on the top. Thanks for sharing!
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a separte pan cook chopped onion in olive oil.
- Place potatoes in microwave safe dish and microwave for about 4 minutes.
- Chop cooled bacon.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a Broiler safe pan whisk together eggs, milk, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked onion, bacon, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes (and whatever other veggies you may want) to pan with egg mixture.
- Give mixture a good whisk as to get all ingredients blended and cook over medium heat. As egg cooks lift up edges so egg mixture pours into the botton of the pan making sure the ingredients remain even through the mixture (you may have to mix with a spoon).
- Once the mixture is about 75 % cooked remove from heat and place in broiler for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from Broiler and cut into pie slices. Place in broiler again for another 5 minutes or until there is a golden brown crispy top.
- Remove, reslice and let cool for about 5 minutes.