Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
My family loves meatloaf, this one in particular!
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 slices bacon, halved
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf in an ungreased 13 inch by 9 inch by 2 inch baking dish.
- Top with bacon.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Drain, let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
I followed this recipe to the last letter, and it was yummy, but just a bit hot for some of the family. I took "chilli sauce" to mean Thai Style Sweet Chilli Sauce, and although it was a great meatloaf, I think I will halve the amount of sauce when I next make it. Looking forward to meatloaf sandwiches tomorrow!
Great recipe. I left out the cheese and chili sauce and it's now in regular rotation and the kids gobble it up.
I made this for dinner last night, and it is now a firm favourite. I made it with sweet chilli sauce also and I followed JanS's suggestoin to only use half as much and it turned out beautifully, just enough to give you the flavour of the chilli but not enough to burn. Thankyou for the recipe!