Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
My family loves meatloaf, this one in particular!
Make and share this Bacon Topped Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 slices bacon, halved
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf in an ungreased 13 inch by 9 inch by 2 inch baking dish.
- Top with bacon.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Drain, let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
I followed this recipe to the last letter, and it was yummy, but just a bit hot for some of the family. I took "chilli sauce" to mean Thai Style Sweet Chilli Sauce, and although it was a great meatloaf, I think I will halve the amount of sauce when I next make it. Looking forward to meatloaf sandwiches tomorrow!
Great recipe. I left out the cheese and chili sauce and it's now in regular rotation and the kids gobble it up.