Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found the basic recipe for this in the TOH 1994 Annual Recipes. It was sent in to them by Ruth Tacoma of Falmouth, Michigan. The original called for 2 medium potatoes, peeled and grated. But to save time, I decided to use frozen shredded hashbrowns that had been thawed. If needed squeeze the water out of the potatoes with your hands. Prep time doesn't include cooking the bacon. Submitted to " ZAAR " on October 27th, 2009
- 4 bacon, slices cooked slightly crisp and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 532.32 ml frozen hash browns, thawed and drained well
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 29.58 ml melted margarine, stick margarine ONLY
- 28.39 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 2.46 ml salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper (to taste)
- 177.44 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl,beat eggs and stir in potatoes,onion,breadcrumbs,salt,pepper, margarine and all but 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Pour into a greased 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with bacon, and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.