1/1 Photo of Bacon Topped Cheesy Potatoes
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I found the basic recipe for this in the TOH 1994 Annual Recipes. It was sent in to them by Ruth Tacoma of Falmouth, Michigan. The original called for 2 medium potatoes, peeled and grated. But to save time, I decided to use frozen shredded hashbrowns that had been thawed. If needed squeeze the water out of the potatoes with your hands. Prep time doesn't include cooking the bacon. Submitted to " ZAAR " on October 27th, 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bacon, slices cooked slightly crisp and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups frozen hash browns, thawed and drained well
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine, stick margarine ONLY
- 1/8 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl,beat eggs and stir in potatoes,onion,breadcrumbs,salt,pepper, margarine and all but 1/4 cup of cheese.
- 3Pour into a greased 1 quart baking dish.
- 4Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 5Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with bacon, and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Topped Cheesy Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 773.0
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 255.9 mg
- Sodium 1157.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g