Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
If you like bacon, cheese and potatoes it can't miss. You can experiment with different cheeses.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon, cooked &,crumbled
- Wash potatoes, and rub skins with vegetable oil.
- Bake@ 400 degrees for one hour or until done.
- Allow potatoes to cool to touch.
- Cut a one inch lengthwise stip from top of each potato; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Combine potatoe pulp and remaining ingredients except bacon in a mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until light& fluffy; stuff shells with potato mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes; top with crumbled bacon.
Great potatoes. Very creamy and we loved the tanginess of the sour cream. In addition to the crumbled bacon topping, I served them with extra grated cheddar and snipped chives.