Recipe by daisygrl64
This familiar bacon tomato sandwich is made special with zesty mayonnaise and melted Cheddar cheese. Great for a light lunch, or even for dinner with fries and a salad when you don't have time to cook up a big meal. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
Top Review by I'mPat
This is packed full of flavour and absolutely delicious, everything just comes together so well, thank you to Annacia for recommending and to daisygrl64 for posting the recipe, made for I Recommend tag game.
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 onion hamburger buns, split
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon country-style dijon mustard
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 12 red onion rings
- 12 slices cucumbers
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 375*F.
- fry or microwave bacon until crispy.
- place split onion buns on cookie sheet.
- in small bowl stir together mayonnaise and mustard.
- to assemble each sandwich, spread about 1 tablespoon of mayo mixture on each bun half.
- top bottom half of bun with 1 tomato slice, 3 onion rings and 3 cucmber slices.
- crisscross 2 slices Cheddar cheese over bacon.
- bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- top with remaining bun.