Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This familiar bacon tomato sandwich is made special with zesty mayonnaise and melted Cheddar cheese. Great for a light lunch, or even for dinner with fries and a salad when you don't have time to cook up a big meal. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 onion hamburger buns, split
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon country-style dijon mustard
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 12 red onion rings
- 12 slices cucumbers
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- heat oven to 375*F.
- fry or microwave bacon until crispy.
- place split onion buns on cookie sheet.
- in small bowl stir together mayonnaise and mustard.
- to assemble each sandwich, spread about 1 tablespoon of mayo mixture on each bun half.
- top bottom half of bun with 1 tomato slice, 3 onion rings and 3 cucmber slices.
- crisscross 2 slices Cheddar cheese over bacon.
- bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- top with remaining bun.
This is packed full of flavour and absolutely delicious, everything just comes together so well, thank you to Annacia for recommending and to daisygrl64 for posting the recipe, made for I Recommend tag game.
Oh Yes! this sandwich is utterly delicious. It's very simple but the ingredients work outstandingly together. I didn't have red onion so have the use the regular Spanish and skipped the cukes as I don't care for them. I used buns made from Onion Bread for the Abm, turkey bacon - microwave cooked, low fat cholesterol free mayo and fat free cheese. Made for Photo Tag.