Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a yummy warm comfort food...a new "twist" on mac and cheese :) The bacon and tomatoes add great taste and it's pretty easy to prepare...all on the stovetop!
Top Review by TheDancingCook
Yummy! A very easy and quick stove top dinner! I get tired of making pasta dishes with red sauce; and this recipe was perfect for a change. The only thing I did differently was I used 1 14oz can diced tomatoes (Contadina Italian Seasoned Diced Tomatoes) and I drained them; rather than the fresh tomatoes. I served this with tossed salad and garlic bread. And the dried parsley adds a nice touch to the presentation. We loved it; definitly a keeper!
- 1 lb rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Rotini according to package directions and drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Blend in milk, stirring constantly over low heat, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese, parsley, bacon, tomato and rotini.
- Toss to coat evenly and heat through.
- Serve immediately.