Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Inspired by another macaroni salad and some nudging from my sister, this is what I came up with. :)* The cook time on this is boiling the macaroni and frying up the bacon, which I did simultaneously ;)
- 3 cups macaroni, cooked
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Mix cooked macaroni, bacon, onion, celery, cucumber and tomato.
- Toss with mayonnaise.
- Add balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat.
- You could mix the mayo and vinegar first, then put it on , it would ensure even distribution of the vinegar I guess! :).
I omitted the celery and used extra cucumber. I also used 1/2 cup of mayo. This is great!!
My daughter ate all her veggies and added more the next night! I did use cider vinegar instead of balsamic and added about a half cup of shredded cheddar cheese--nice addition with the tomatoes and bacon. (I love BLT sandwiches with chedddar on them.) We'll definitely do this one again--it is a meal by itself, even! Thanks for posting!
Very good! I used tiny shells instead of macaroni, and didn't measure the veggies exactly. I'll definitely be making this again soon.