dusty AE's Note:
This is a quick tasty Sunday evening meal. My grandchildren love it. It uses a tin of tomato soup. I use Big Red Tomato Soup - it is a must...others do not work (well, not for me).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender (approx. 10 minutes), drain.
- 2Add butter and saute bacon, onion and green capsicum for few minutes or until the bacon is cooked.
- 3Add flour, stir for a minute then add the soup and milk/water, stirring until mixture boils and thickens.
- 4Add 3/4 of the cheese and stir until it melts.
- 5Season to taste.
- 6Combine with the macaroni and pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- 7Top with remaining cheese and bake in a moderate oven about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Tomato Macaroni Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.3
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 1465.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 25.6 g