Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick tasty Sunday evening meal. My grandchildren love it. It uses a tin of tomato soup. I use Big Red Tomato Soup - it is a must...others do not work (well, not for me).
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender (approx. 10 minutes), drain.
- Add butter and saute bacon, onion and green capsicum for few minutes or until the bacon is cooked.
- Add flour, stir for a minute then add the soup and milk/water, stirring until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add 3/4 of the cheese and stir until it melts.
- Season to taste.
- Combine with the macaroni and pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake in a moderate oven about 20 minutes or until heated through.