1/1 Photo of Bacon-Tomato-Gruyere Omelet
From "The Good Enough to Eat Breakfast Cookbook" by Carrie Levin. This sounds good, but I'd probably add a few herbs to it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1After the butter is good and hot in the pan, scatter in the bacon.
- 2Shake the pan once to make sure the bacon is not sticking.
- 3Now pour in the beaten eggs.
- 4Tilt and pull a couple of times and sprinkle in the cheese, keeping it well in the eggs.
- 5Pull a couple more times to cook to desired doneness.
- 6Scatter in the tomato pieces, avoiding the edge of the pan.
- 7Immediately (almost!) de-pan the omelet, flipping it into a half circle on your warmed plate.
- 9The tomatoes will be sufficiently warmed being folded into the omelet at the end of the process and shouldn't be cooked so much as to release their water. Water in the pan will cause sticking.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Tomato-Gruyere Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.2
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 640.7 mg
- Sodium 965.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 38.1 g