Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a great light lunch or supper--one of my favorite all-time comfort foods.
Top Review by Susie D
This made a very easy & tasty lunch. I used butter flavored cooking spray instead of spreading with the butter and added thin slices of purple onion. It worked well for us. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- For each sandwich, top one slice of bread with one slice of mozzarella cheese, 1/4 of the tomato slices, and two bacon strips,1 tablespoon of sour cream,1 tablespoon of onion, a pinch of oregano, one slice of cheddar cheese and the other slice of bread.
- Spread outside of sandwich with butter and put on a hot griddle or fry pan on medium heat.
- While that’s cooking, add butter to other slice of bread. Cook until lightly toasted on each side (about 3 minutes on each side).