Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a simple but great tasting pasta dish. I like it best when summer's tomatoes are at their peak flavor.I use fresh parley from the garden and add some basil leaves that I've chiffonaded.
- 16 ounces fusilli
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fusilli according to package directions:drain.
- In large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Blend in milk with a whisk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese,parsley,bacon,tomato, and pasta: toss to coat.
- Heat through and serve immediately.