Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom made this salad a lot when I was growing up. Just found out she is still making it and serving it in the exact same bowl.
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes, peeled,diced
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Combine ingredients for dressing in blender or in jar with tight fitting lid.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Make sure lettuce, chicken, tomatoes are chilled until serving time.
- Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Place lettuce, tomatoes, chicken and bacon in large chilled bowl.
- Pour dressing over all; toss gently.
- Brush avocado slices with lemon juice; arrange on top of salad.
We eat this salad at least once a week now that it's hot out. I don't make the dressing - we just use bottled.
What a delicious recipe! I made everything exactly to directions with the exception of the avocado - I don't like them. I might add halved grape tomatoes to this the next time I make it. This is going to be a summertime salad favorite I can tell. Thanks for posting this recipe and joining our recipe swap!
my mom made a salad alot like this lemon was good addition since moms avacados didnt have ugh like your recipes thanks for posting