- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes, peeled,diced
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 avocado, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for dressing in blender or in jar with tight fitting lid.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Make sure lettuce, chicken, tomatoes are chilled until serving time.
- Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Place lettuce, tomatoes, chicken and bacon in large chilled bowl.
- Pour dressing over all; toss gently.
- Brush avocado slices with lemon juice; arrange on top of salad.