Recipe by Sassy in da South
This is a good casserole that can either be served as a main dish or as a side dish. This recipe was given to me by a friend.
Top Review by Don Steele
Looking for something new for our evening pasta meal,found this in one of the pasta cookbooks. We were very happy with the final results.I may add some garlic to give it a bit more bite. Wll be recorded for future use,thanks Don
- 6 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute green pepper, onion, salt, marjoram, thyme and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles.
- Add half of the bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Top with cheese and remaining bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.