Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Smørrebrød - Open-Faced Sandwiches From Best of Scandinavian Cooking. Posted for ZWT6. To make smorrebrod, cut crusts from slices of pumpernickel or rye bread, but not French bread, when using them for a base. Be careful to spread soft butter entirely over the piece of bread you use. This keeps moist ingredients from seeping through and making the bread soggy. Ingredients should be artfully arranged. Sandwith will be eaten with a knife and fork.
Top Review by I'mPat
The DM and I each really enjoyed this wonderfully filling and tasty sandwich for lunch. I used an organic, 98% fat free, low GI Rye bread, smoky bacon (cooked in the oven), a lovely creamy camembert and a juice vine ripened tomatoe, thank you Dreamer in Ontario, made for Newest ZAAR Stars.
- 1 thin slice sour rye bread with caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 3 slices bacon, very crisp (adjust number of slices depending on size of bread)
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 slices ripe camembert cheese, with crust