1/3 Photos of Bacon & Tomato Burger
I searched Zaar and could not find a duplicate to this delicious sounding burger. The original recipe is from a recent Chatelaine magazine that featured burgers I have tweaked it a bit. The condiments you add (onion, tomato, mushrooms) are up to you. Some like Mayo, relish or dill pickles the choice is yours BBQ over medium heat 5-8 minutes per side or pan fry. To prevent the burger from puffing up use your thumb and make a shallow depression in the center of the burger. Hope you will try it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, preferably medium
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits or 2 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices sweet onions (optional)
- 4 slices tomatoes (optional)
- 4 slices cheese, of your choice (optional)
- 8 medium mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1Gently mix the beef, sun dried tomato, bacon, garlic, salt, pepper & worchestershire sauce together.
- 2The more you handle the burger the tougher you burger will be so just mix lightly.
- 3Form into 4 patties (I usually only make 3 from one lb).
- 4Either BBQ or pan fry.
- 5BBQ: Medium heat, Oil the grill 5-8 minutes each side.
- 6Pan fry: medium heat cover burgers apprx 5 minutes each side. Reduce heat to medium low if the burgers are browning too fast.
- 7Garnish with your choice of condiments.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon & Tomato Burger
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 396.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 26.4 g