Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love toasted bacon and tomato sandwiches, but today I added half of an avocado. Boy, was it good! The creamy avocado melted into the sweet tomato and salty bacon. Try it! Cooking time is an estimate.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices of cooked crisp bacon
- 1⁄2 avocado
- Toast the bread and then spread on the butter then the mayo while the bread is still warm.
- Top one slice of bread with the sliced tomato, sliced avocado and bacon.
- Top the sandwich with the second slice of bread. Enjoy!
Hello DebR, what a wonderful sandwich! I changed it by using ciabatta bread & after toasting it I brushed it with balsamic vinegar. I added chives to the mayonnaise and spread it on the bread right after brushing it with the vinegar. When I placed the tomatoes on the bread I sprinkled them with salt. Now, don't you hate it when people do this to a recipe? It was wonderful and very satisfying! Thanks for sharing, Diane :)