Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Frittatas aren't just for breakfast! They make a great lunch or midnight snack too! I squeeze the tomatoes with a few paper towels to get the juice out. Feel free to add more or less of the toppings, to suit your families tastes.
- 1 (16 ounce) carton fat-free liquid egg product or 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon soybean oil
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- two small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, if desired
- In medium bowl mix egg product, garlic-and-herb seasoning and salt, if using; set aside.
- In 10 ounce non-stick, oven-proof skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions; cook and stir one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Pour in egg mixture. Cook 6 to 9 minutes, gently lifting edges of cooked portions with spatula so that un-cooked egg mixture can flow to bottom of skillet, until set.
- Set oven control to broil. Top frittata with tomatoes, cheese and bacon.
- Broil with top 4 inches from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top each serving with sour cream.
- Times are approximate.