Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
An unusual combination of sweet and savory that can be served as mini quiche appetizers or as a full pie main dish breakfast or brunch.
- 12 ounces graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup turkey bacon
- Crush the cookies in food processor or large Ziplock bag, then stir in melted butter.
- Put 1 teaspoon cookie mixture into 18-22 mini tart or mini muffin cups. Tamp down with thumb or tart press to create a bottom crust.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except the turkey bacon.
- Spoon about 1-2 Tablespoons of the mixture into each mini tart cup.
- Sprinkle turkey bacon over the tops of each quiche.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- ***To bake a full pie: Cover with foil and bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.