This a twist on Paula Deen's recipe. I didn't have enough cheddar cheese, so I added some parmesan and mozzarella. I also did not add the mayonnaise because I thought it would be too mushy. The taco seasoning was added to give a bit of a kick.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix, hot and spicy
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toast bread crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except 3 slices of bacon, mixing well.
- Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Place 3 slices of bacon on top of meatloaf. Bake for 40 minutes. I used the Flavorwave Oven.
Excellent meatloaf. The only thing I changed was, to sub regular flavor taco seasoning for the hot. Can't handle too much spicy heat. :)
Between the 4 of us, it was gone in 1 day. Great seasoning and cheese combo.I didn,t have any ground turkey, so I used ground beef. Love the kick with the taco seasoning too. A nice comfort meal. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
I think meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food, and fancy myself a "connoisseur" :) This one rates among the best! It IS a little high in fat, so I won't be making it often, but for a special treat! I subbed ground turkey for half of the beef to cut the fat a smidge! It truly does taste like a bacon cheeseburger with a little kick! I used Taco Seasoning Mix. I baked mine in a regular oven and it took about 1 hour.