Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious breakfast casserole that's also great for dinner. Comes from Quick Cooking cookbook.
- 2 cups biscuit mix or 2 cups baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook bacon on stovetop or microwave; crumble.
- Mix biscuit mix and water in a bowl for 20 strokes, or until just combined.
- Knead 10 times and place into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Spread dough evenly into bottom of dish and slighty up the sides.
- Place Swiss cheese in 1 layer over the dough, then top with crumbled bacon.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and onion powder and pour evenly over bacon.
- Bake at 425*, for 15-18 minutes or until tests done in center. Cut into squares and serve while hot.
We loved this! This quick and easy dish will surely please everyone. It can be used as a breakfast casserole or even an appetizer. Thanks for sharing this winner, Karamia....can't wait to make it again.
Super easy and tasty! Had this for dinner with a bowl of Vegetarian Black Bean Soup Recipe #143199 and it was perfect! So easy to make ( I had fried the bacon ahead last night for another recipe so it was prepped ahead) and I made it a 3 serving size except I used 3 eggs instead of the 2 it calls for when you change it. I used 3 slices of Alpine Lace Swiss cheese which makes it even healthier - and the recipe couldn't be any easier to make! Great for a busy work night! Thank you for a keeper - maybe I will get around to tis for a breakfast or brunch with some fresh fruit as intended!! ;)
We liked this recipe. It was easy to make and had a nice thin layer of egg/bacon/cheese mixture on it. This definitely has fewer calories then our Recipe #19970. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Zaar tag game 2007