Recipe by Karamia
This is a delicious breakfast casserole that's also great for dinner. Comes from Quick Cooking cookbook.
Top Review by Merlot
We loved this! This quick and easy dish will surely please everyone. It can be used as a breakfast casserole or even an appetizer. Thanks for sharing this winner, Karamia....can't wait to make it again.
- 2 cups biscuit mix or 2 cups baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon on stovetop or microwave; crumble.
- Mix biscuit mix and water in a bowl for 20 strokes, or until just combined.
- Knead 10 times and place into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Spread dough evenly into bottom of dish and slighty up the sides.
- Place Swiss cheese in 1 layer over the dough, then top with crumbled bacon.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and onion powder and pour evenly over bacon.
- Bake at 425*, for 15-18 minutes or until tests done in center. Cut into squares and serve while hot.