Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very tasty. Good change, from the same old meatloaf. From Quick Cooking Magazine.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 6 ounces shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 1 cup swiss cheese, 3/4 cup bacon, bread crumbs, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf in a greased 11 inch X 7 inch X 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
This really is a delicious recipe, I make meatloaf a lot and this made a lovely change with the bacon and cheese. Will be making again!!!!
Yum! I love the added bacon to this and the change from using tomato based sauces. We really enjoyed this variety of meat loaf!! Thanks so much!