- 1 loaf French bread (20 inches)
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 5 slices processed swiss cheese (I used regular Swiss cheese, not processed)
- 5 slices bacon (I used half a pound of bacon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread into 1-inch thick slices, leaving slices attached at bottom.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, onions, and mustard; spread on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Cut each cheese slice diagonally into four triangles; place between the slices of bread.
- Cut bacon in half widthwise and then lengthwise; drape a piece over each slice.
- Place the loaf on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.