Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tasty GF meatloaf. Even Okie DH loves.
- 12 ounces bacon (diced)
- 4 medium white mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp but not burned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and cool. Remove all but a tablespoon of the bacon fat from the
- skillet and saute the mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, egg, and milk. Add the
- mushroom/onion mixture, all but a few spoonfuls of the
- swiss cheese and all but one tablespoons of the bacon
- bits. Add the corn flake crumbs and mix well until blended.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a large loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour, or until cooked through.
- Drain fat from the pan and sprinkle the reserved cheese
- and bacon on top. Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until
- cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 to 6
This was a great meatloaf. I will make this one again. My husband loves mushrooms, so I used about three times the mushrooms called for and half the bacon. I used ground chuck instead of extra lean ground beef. I served this with mushroom gravy. Fantastic.
Love bacon swiss mushroom anything. This meatloaf is unbelievably delicious. Leftovers make great sandwiches. Swoon.
Omg this was so good. Fiance went back for seconds. I made it not even a week ago and he's asking for it again.