Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Bacon, Sweetcorn, and Sweet Potato Chowder
Make and share this Bacon, Sweetcorn, and Sweet Potato Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Trim any excess fat from the gammon. Cut it into cubes. Heat 1tsp oil in a large pan and fry the gammon until just cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and cook the onion until soft and golden. Add the sweet potatoes and stir for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the stock.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add the milk and cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the sweetcorn and gammon, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with black pepper.
- Mix the cornflour with 2tbsp water and stir inches Simmer for 2 minutes. Add half the parsley. Serve with bread, sprinkled with the rest of the parsley.