Bacon, Sweetcorn, and Sweet Potato Chowder
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim any excess fat from the gammon. Cut it into cubes. Heat 1tsp oil in a large pan and fry the gammon until just cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and cook the onion until soft and golden. Add the sweet potatoes and stir for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the stock.
- 3Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add the milk and cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- 4Stir in the sweetcorn and gammon, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with black pepper.
- 5Mix the cornflour with 2tbsp water and stir inches Simmer for 2 minutes. Add half the parsley. Serve with bread, sprinkled with the rest of the parsley.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Sweetcorn, and Sweet Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.5
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 1228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 21.3 g