1/3 Photos of Bacon Surprise Cupcakes With Maple Frosting
Felt like I was in Competing in Cupcake Wars! The ingredients from Dining on a Dollar Recipe Contest -- Spring 2013 made it tricky to create a dessert. Must say I nailed it! Tender, soft crumb with hint of bacon and topped with Maple frosting complement each other perfectly. The budget ingredient ketchup and applesauce gave the cupcakes a sweetness and added moisture. A MUST MAKE! You won't be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup oil or 1/4 cup bacon drippings, chilled slightly
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon piece
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1In a large bowl blend ketchup, applesauce, cocoa powder, oil or bacon drippings and eggs mixing well.
- 2Add cake mix and bacon crumbles whisk for 2 minutes.
- 3Place into foil lined cup cake pan.
- 4Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and cool.
- 6Meanwhile beat syrup and butter together 1 minutes till light and fluffy. Add vanilla, salt and sugar and beat an other 2 minutes.
- 7Pipe or spread frosting on the cupcakes.
- 8Now watch everyone enjoy while they figure the ingredients.
- 9If you want to give a hint garnish with some extra bacon pieces.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Surprise Cupcakes With Maple Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 191.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: